Thứ Sáu, 11 tháng 3, 2011

Upgrade T60 or buy new?

I have a 4 year old T60-2077KU that I purchased just as the core2duo was released. The specs:



T7400 2.16 Ghz Core2Duo

15" IPS w/Flexview 1400x1050 SXGA+

ATI X1400 128MB

Intel Pro Wireless 3945 ABG

XP PRO



In a fit of rage I punched my keyboard (ok, a couple of times) and now it takes 30 years to boot and runs like its on its deathbed. In addition, my 9 cell finally died. Before I pay to see how much damge I did and repair the unit, buy a new battery, etc. I'd like some opinons.



From my understanding there are a number of reasons some people are keeping their T60/61s and upgrading them instead of buying new T410/510: the keyboards, the SCREEN (IPS), etc.



Considering that I have to pay for both a diagnoses and repair/upgrade, am I better off just buying new? I don't have anything so intense that would require the i3/5 but I'd probably need new/more RAM.



What would it run me to make your (your experts out there) recommended upgrades to this T60? Be sure to add in the diagnoses cost, new battery and throw in some maximum amount you'd pay to repair the damage (although if I am replacing that part anyway, I guess it wouldn't be a factor).



Thank you.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét