Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 3, 2011

G71Gx Power Problems. Possible Short?

I have a G71Gx-RX05 that I purchased refurbished about 3.5 months ago. About a week ago, it would shut down randomly. Sometimes it would also not start at all, the ExpressGate button was not lit up and the power supply light was off. Now it continues to do that, the power supply works fine, putting out a constant 19 Volts. But if I plug it into the computer, it will die, the computer will not even flash any lights, and the power supply won't start back up unless i unplug it from the computer and wall for about 5 minutes.



I'm thinking this might be a short in the motherboard. I have checked that the processor and ram are seated correctly and that there is no loose metal or other pieces.



I have also tried removing the battery, it does not change anything.

Reply 1 : G71Gx Power Problems. Possible Short?

It sounds like some kind of hardware problem, if it won't charge it could be the DC jack on the laptop.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét