Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 3, 2011

B6500 Wireless128-bit Setup

I feel stupid for asking this, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have my router set up with WEP 128-bit wifi security. When I go to the wireless security screen on the router admin page, it gives me a 26-digit hex number. I go over to the B6500, but when I try to enter it, it stops me at 25-characters. Aren't all 128-bit WEP keys 26 characters? Am I entering the wrong thing?

I assume I'm doing something or there'd be a lot of people on here complaining about this happy Any help appreciated!

Reply 1 : B6500 Wireless128-bit Setup

The Cnet Networking Forum advises to discontinue use of WEP no matter how many bits. The troubles are now legendary and it is so insecure that simple software let's folk onto a WEP (protected?) network in about 2 minutes. And even if you add MAC filters, this only slows them down a few seconds.

Fix? Move to WPA or WPA2 PSK.
Bob

Reply 2 : B6500 Wireless128-bit Setup

Okay, good enough I guess happy Thanks, I'll do that!

Reply 3 : B6500 Wireless128-bit Setup

My Samsung Blu Ray worked fine for about 8 months. I always entered 26 characters for my wireless set up. Then, I got kicked off..again! Now, it will only let me enter 25 characters. So, I can't get on any longer. Is the only way around this to get a new router??
Feeling just as stupid. Perhaps more as I don't know how to change a WEP for a WPA.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét