Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 3, 2011

BluRay Burner for CF-28

HI Everybody: I'm thinking about seeing the possibility of upgrading my DVD/Multi Drive Burner in my CF-28 to a BluRay burner which will burn all. Has anyone got any info on this. I checked on eBay and didn't see anything.

Thanks. Spark

Reply 1 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

Will a CF 28 cpu and memory support Blu ray burning software? What are the requirements for the software package you plan on using?

Reply 2 : BluRay Burner for CF-28


Quote:








Originally Posted by sparkwrite
View Post

HI Everybody: I'm thinking about seeing the possibility of upgrading my DVD/Multi Drive Burner in my CF-28 to a BluRay burner which will burn all. Has anyone got any info on this. I checked on eBay and didn't see anything.

Thanks. Spark



Panasonic Blu-ray Burner Writer DVDRW IDE Internal Drive UJ-210



However, the CF-28 doesn't have near enough "horsepower" to play back Blu-ray:



Is Your PC High Definition DVD Ready?



Blu-ray disc and TrueTheater 3D playback



The playback of high definition DVD titles requires higher CPU speed.

The following is a list of the recommended CPU requirements to play Blu-ray Disc titles:



Intel (Minimum):



Pentium 4 541 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 840 3.2 GHz, Pentium D 930 3.0 GHz, 935 3.2GHz or 940 3.2 GHz, Core Duo T2400 1.83 GHz, Pentium M 755 2.0 GHz, Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8 GHz, or T5600 1.83 GHz



Intel (Recommended):



Pentium EE 840 3.2 GHz, 955 3.4 GHz or 965 3.73 GHz, Pentium D 945 3.4 GHz, 950 3.4 GHz or 960 3.6 GHz, Core Duo T2500 2.0 GHz, T2600 2.16 GHz, or T2700 2.33 GHz, Core 2 Duo E6300 1.8 GHz, E6400 2.13 GHz, E6600 2.4 GHz, E6700 2.66 GHZ or X6800 2.93 GHz, T7200 2.00 GHz, T7400 2.16 GHz, T7600 2.33 GHz, Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, Core 2 Extreme QX6700 2.66 GHz, or X6800 2.93 GHz

Reply 3 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

Thanks guys. Well, it looks like I'm down in flames as far a viewing from my 28. How about just burning and then playing on a BluRay player. I'm thinking of making BluRay disks of my videos instead of regular DVD and if I could get the 28 to burn them, even slowly, they would be compatible with showing them on a composite player, or remote, is I guess is what I'm trying to say. I don't care so much about watching them on the 28, just burning the digital video and then sharing them with my friends. I'm trying to switch over so I can be "high tech", crisp and clear. Any ideas on this? Thanks. Spark

Reply 4 : BluRay Burner for CF-28


Quote:








Originally Posted by deere245
View Post

Will a CF 28 cpu and memory support Blu ray burning software?



Here's one:



NTI Media Maker 9 Premium:



► Hardware Requirements

IBM PC or Compatible, Pentium III 900MHz or higher

256MB RAM

500MB of available free disc space for software installation

10GB working space for copying or creating DVD discs.

Graphics card capable of 1024x768 and 16-bit color.



► Software Requirements

Windows 7, Vista or XP SP3

Windows Media Player 11 or higher and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 or higher are required for XP SP3

Reply 5 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

I have a writer in my cf-30 mk-2

Using specialty software I can playback bluray,you need over 256mb video card for that

I have Roxio v10 pro aprox $100 for that software, for dvd writing

Give it a try if you don't mind the software costs,if it does not work out you only need to buy an external usb caddy and use it with a more capable computer

Reply 6 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

Thanks TopCop: I've got everything but the SP-3 and the WMP 11. I only have Wmp 9. I tried SP-3 and didn't like it. Seemed to bugger the works. Don't know why. I can't seem to upgrade to WMP 11 and don't know why. Might be something with the XP program that was on the computer when I got it.



Is this Media Player 9 just for playing or is it a burning program? I would like to get a burner that I can swap out for my multi drive and put right into the computer. Are you saying that I need an external burner to run the MP9? I Thanks. Spark

Reply 7 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

You may find some open source software that has lower requirements.

Reply 8 : BluRay Burner for CF-28


Quote:








Originally Posted by sparkwrite
View Post

HI Everybody: I'm thinking about seeing the possibility of upgrading my DVD/Multi Drive Burner in my CF-28 to a BluRay burner which will burn all. Has anyone got any info on this. I checked on eBay and didn't see anything.

Thanks. Spark



When you say "Burn" a BluRay, do you mean burning an existing .iso file to disc, or using your CF-28 to transcode .avi or .dvx files to create a playable Blu-Ray disc useable on home Blu-Ray players? Transcoding from either DVD (regular or Blu-Ray) source or most common video filetypes requires a LOT more horsepower than simply burning an .iso file created elsewhere.



If you wish to be able to decrypt and create your own .iso files from a Blu-Ray disc (Using AnyDVD HD/CloneDVD HD or similar decryption/iso authoring software) you will be sorely disappointed - as an example, my CF-28 1GHZ/768MB takes 6 hours to transcode a single Dual-layer DVD (720P res, 8.5GB MAX) to fit on a single-layer DVD (720P-480P resolution variable, 4.7GB MAX). To work, your decryption software must decrypt the disc before you can create the .iso to burn your new disc, as well as running in the background as an intermediary between your source optical drive and your disc authoring software while it creates the .iso file.



Blu-Ray format runs between 25-50GB per disk, so figure a LOT more time and an appropriate amount of HDD space to use for temp files as big as the target media; this of course assumes you have enough memory to run both your decryptor and your disc authoring software at the same time.



AnyDVD HD Decryptor Software System Requirements



* IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 2 GHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 512 MB RAM

* Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 (32 & 64 bit)

* 4 MB hard disk space

* For Blu-ray or HD DVD media, a Blu-ray or HD DVD compliant drive is required.

* For HD decryption and ripping, the minimum OS is Windows 2000 (latest SP).

* PC player software usually requires Windows XP SP2 as minimum OS.



Other HD decryptors will most likely have similar system requirements.



mnem

Hey look! Another coaster!

Reply 9 : BluRay Burner for CF-28

You know what. This is all to much. I need to just get a high powered computer to do what I'm talking about doing. I feel like I"m sending out smoke signals from my Conestoga wagon in the middle of the prairie. I guess it's called the "quantum leap" and I can't so that right now. So, I thank all of you for your time and input. Let's not waste any more time on this as there are people out there that need help from you wizards. So let's just kill this thing right now. Again, thanks. Spark

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét