Thứ Năm, 17 tháng 3, 2011

HP DV4 Pavilion Won't Even Boot with Recovery Disk

Last week, my DV4 laptop would not boot up. I ordered recovery disks from HP, and when they start up I get the "loading files" message followed by a message showing that it was looking for a drive letter (message never went away). Well, I just did a hard disk test and it said the hard disk has failed. What now?
1: Do I need to buy a new hard drive? If so, what about all of the pre-loaded software from HP? Out of shear stupidity, my over confidence in the product kept me from making the back ups myself.
2: Do I take it to a repair center? If so, how much would damage like this cost to repair by estimation?
3: Any other suggestions?
Any help would be great, thanks.

Reply 1 : HP DV4 Pavilion Won't Even Boot with Recovery Disk

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020 is what I use to fish out files.

As to repair, I know of no other repair than hp.com.
Bob

Reply 2 : HP DV4 Pavilion Won't Even Boot with Recovery Disk

Check in the "storage forum" for any possible recovery pgms. that may help. However, this is now a lesson in any procedure for future "backup plan". HP should still provide some direction into any s/w bundle and/or use this if possible to be issued the same s/w at reduced cost(maybe). This is why, one of the 1st things HP offers to do a "recovery DVDs" during the initial usage of PC.

AS for any warranty issues you need to start the process if you have any time left. HP will provide replacement(s) parts within the warranty guidelines. However, ther is no data recovery offered, its h/w only. At the same the replacement *may* be pre-installed bundle, but that's a long shot. If you want to recover any data or precious mementos, then proceed to google "recovert services" and surf for costs.

Again, if waaranty is provided and valid, start a warranty RMA#, etc. and return the laptop or service center to replace HD and/or reload OS maybe s/w bundle.

tada -----Willy happy

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét