Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 12, 2010

Can a single USB port power a 7200 RPM 2.5" HDD?

I was about to buy an external HDD enclosure.
I've seen many that come with cables with 2 USB ports on one end (for power).
I do not want to have to use 2 USBs to power this drive, but I will be using my ST9320423AS 7200 HDD inside.

Now I'm thinking that since its a 7200 RPM drive, I will need 2 USBs to power it...is this the case? What would happen if I purchased an enclosure that was powered only by one USB port? I am not worried about speed, I just need it to work.
Seagate has these specs for the drive:

Startup current, +5V (max): 1.0 amps
Seek power (typical): 2.2 watts
Read power (typical): 2.1 watts
Write power (typical): 2.2 watts
Idle mode, low power (typical): 0.69 watts
Standby mode: 0.20 watts (typical)
Sleep mode: 0.20 watts (typical)
Voltage tolerance (including noise): +5V

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét