Thứ Hai, 20 tháng 12, 2010

Qosmio x505-q894 brief review

My very brief and disjointed review (damn you Chiro for setting the bar so high):

I received my 894 today and so far everything is great.
It is huge but not significantly larger than other 17 inch laptops I looked at.
It is also heavy, but not nearly as heavy as my desktop.
I chose the 894 because I use an i7 processor in my desktop and I feel that it may allow me an extra year of viable gaming life for the unit; also because I wanted the backlit keyboard and I have to pay tax on Amazon in my state so I was buying from Newegg which does not carry the 893.

I got this for semi portable gaming in my house mainly--I'm tired of being stuck in my basement office to play--and so far it is working well.
I installed WoW and cranked the settings up and it runs great.
Also starcraft2 is installed but I haven't played it much yet.

The styling looks great, the unit boots fast and runs really fast.


The slick keys on the keyboard are a little odd but I am having no trouble typing on it.
No trouble with the small space bar others have mentioned or with the buttons on the side of the keyboard.

The area above the keyboard near the screen has gotten warm while I have been gaming but the bottom is totally cool to the touch.
Also it is very quiet--you can't hear it at all with normal household noises going on.

I had to uninstall the toshiba hard drive protector because it parks the drive heads with the slightest movement of the laptop, otherwise it didn't really come with that much bloatware--some Toshiba apps I may uninstall later, a short term norton's that I uninstalled in favor of free Avast and some tool bars I uninstalled.

Sound is really good for a laptop--laptops I compare it to are business class dell and lenovo units which it blows away.

Screen looks great to me but I may not be as picky as others.

Ok there is my stream of consciousness review--I'll try to come back to update my reveiw and answer any questions over the next few days.

R

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét