Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 12, 2010

LA46C530F1R MediaPlay Problem (thumbnails, subtitle option)

OVERVIEW:
1. no thumbnails for video, just plain old gray film roll icon
2. subtitle did not show up when there're more than one embedded subtitles
3. some .mkv files are not supported. I checked the codec from my computer and according to the compatibility stuff on the manual book, TV is supposedly able to play the video.

-----------
Made in Indonesia (No localized settings)
Firmware version: T-MSX5DAAC-1010.1

1. I have read a few discussions regarding thumbnails and one of Samsung Tech's solution is to perform 'safely remove' procedure. I already browsed the entire user menu and I cannot find the option for it; not mentioned in the manual book as well. What I always did is to turn off the TV first before removing the USB plug. note: I was kind of curious of the disabled 'plug & play' setting on the user menu.

But I do notice that when I switched sorting mode from basic view to other modes such as 'preferences' or 'by letter/alpabetical', I can see all of the ghost files that the MediaPlay have played before. Those files are really not present in my hard disk, because I deleted it; so of course I can't play it even though MediaPlay listed the file as if it exist.

But that's not important. What's important is that in the manual book, I can see from the pictures in it that instead of plain gray film roll icon, thumbnails supposedly present in the video basic view. I already tried getting a jpeg snapshot of the video and naming it similarly to the video file, and it didn't work.

Question: would a firmware upgrade to 1011.1 solve the problem? would a factory reset on the service menu solve the problem (i know it is not advisable as you samsung guys are not supposed to advice average joe to enter the service menu)?

2. I've come to an understanding that currently MediaPlay would choose the default track; no option for switching audio tracks and subtitle tracks. But in my case, MediaPlay seemed to ignore the subtitle tracks when a video has more than one embedded subtitle. I have checked the embedded-subtitle file type and according to the manual book, MediaPlay supposedly able to at least read one of the subtitle tracks.

To make the subtitle show up, I have to like extract the subtitle tracks and then make it a seperate .srt file, named similarly to the video file. But again, this limits me of having more than one subtitle, as the MediaPlay unable to read the .srt file when it named differently.

Question: Would a firmware upgrade to version 1011.1 solve the problem?

3. I already check the video codec (well... from vlc player) and again... according to the manual book, supposedly MediaPlay is able to play the video file.

Question: would a firmware upgrade solve the problem?

Thanks.

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét