Thứ Năm, 23 tháng 12, 2010

Okay, so I need some suggestions for my buddy!

His name is Claes, he's my best bud. Before I get to what he posted over at tabletpcbuzz.com I'll give you a quick run down of what I though would be good ideas but in fact don't work for him. 1st things first: he got rid of his big nice expensive Jeep commander and no longer has a lot of room in his brand new Nissan Altima.



I suggested an M34 and a T5 for him, both of which are too big... The reason that they are too big is because they are not slates... they are normal laptops. He's determined that even a tablet (CF-18 for example) is too big. His budget is $500 tops and obviously a Toughbook would be the way to go over a Viliv X70 only because of the resolution issue. The native res on the program that he'll be using will NEED 800x600. I was looking at the U1's but they're WAY to expensive...



Thoughts? Suggestions?



ORIGINAL POST FROM CLAES:



Greetings and salutations,



First post here! I have to say this is a very nice and well put together forum. Before I ask my question I do want to put in that I read through scores of posts in this section, general, and others to see if I could find the answer previous to posting.



But I digress.



* I want to put a 7-9" slate in my car for the purpose of listening to music. I really do not have any other need for it (I don't want to use it for wifi, movies, documents, etc).

* Just for the sake of transparency, I would like a slate and not a tablet (swivel screen). I drive a Nissan Altima (just traded in my Jeep Commander) and it does not have a ton of space. I need something small I can velcro to a particular spot. The swivel laptops take up too much space.

* I definitely want a windows based slate. I spent 13 days updating all the id3 tags on my music yet when a program (zune, ipod, adroid OS) pulls the info it still is incorrect despite the id3 tags being correct. My buddy uses a toughbook in his truck and has a program that pulls the artist and song title from the name of the file.

* I would like touch screen that I can use with my fingers and not a stylus. I read on here about different types of touch screens (capacitive and digitizers etc) but do not understand the difference.

* Battery life is not too important I would prefer something with at least 3 hours though.

* Memory capacity: since I am going to be loading music onto this it needs a good amount of space. Ideally something with flash memory since I live in Chicago and it can get mighty cold. I don't mind a hard drive based unit though. In either case I want to be able to upgrade the memory later. Whether that is from upgrading a physical HD (1.8" for the slates?) or inserting SD / microSD I am not as concerned.

* Whether it is XP for win7 it really makes no difference. The program I am going to use works on both and I'd just assume not spend the money on a win7 unit or the resources it requires to run.

* Price point, well I was hoping to get something around $300 but as all things in life you get what you pay for. I really do not want to spend more than $500.



That's about all I can think of. From the research I did, I found the Archos 9 windows PC. That seems to be basically what I want. Only thing is it is more than I really wanted to put into it. It has a ton of features I am uninterested in. It's not that i'm cheep, more that I don't care to spend money on capabilities I don't want / need. +



Thank you for your valuable time and knowledge. I look forward to the advice given.



Cheers,

Claes

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét