Thứ Năm, 16 tháng 12, 2010

Laptop for Architecture

Hey, I am looking for a laptop that is ideal for architecture programs and work.
I am doing my masters in Architecture and have to use programs such as autocad, 3dmax, sketchup, vray, photoshop, etc.
From what I've garnered, the laptop needs to have a powerful cpu, good graphics card, and a lot of ram.


So far I've come up with 2 options:

Macbook pro 15"
Intel Core i5 2.53GHz
4GB ddr3 ram
500gb hard drive
NVIDIA GT 330M 256mb
around $2000

and

Dell Precision M4500 15.6"
Intel Core i5 dual core 2.66GHz
4GB ddr3 ram
500gb hard drive
NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M 1GB
around $2000

I know they're the same price and the Dell specs are a bit better, but it's a mac, my previous laptop was a mac, so I know specs don't tell the whole story.
Also, from what I've heard, mac's are better for design and such programs.


I was also looking at the higher macbook pro which has an i7 process 2.66GHz, and NVIDIA GT330M 512mb graphics card.
It's about $200 more than the one I listed above.

So I have a couple questions.
Out of those 3, which would be ideal for an architecture student to run all the programs needed (auto cad, archicad, 3dmax, sketchup, vray, etc).
May I add that I am very tight on $$ so that's why I'm considering the slightly cheaper model if the difference between them won't be very significant.


Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

P.S I am a noob when it comes to this stuff, so dont use such big terms! lol

Movies 24h | Dmart.vn

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét