Chủ Nhật, 24 tháng 4, 2011

Toshiba recovery disk - What all does it erase

I have a qosmio X505-Q892, and from past couple of days windows is acting up. I feel I may have to use my "System restore" discs I created when I bought the laptop.



I have a few questions regarding that.

1. What is the procedure- Do I simply boot from the first disk and follow instructions

2. What all gets erased - Toshiba says all my programs and windows and files will get erased. I understand C drive my get formatted. But I have 4 partitions C drive has windows and few programs, E drive has photos and documents F drive has all programs installed, and G has videos and media files. So will it just erase drive C, or erase all the partitions? Is there a way where I can simply erase my programs and C drive, and keep my data and media intact?

Reply 1 : Toshiba recovery disk - What all does it erase

Reformat with disks:



-Insert Disk #1

-turn off lappy

-turn on lappy

-press F12 while powering on

-select cd/dvd boot

-press enter follow prompts



I've only used the option to restore the pc to factory settings (like you just took it out of the box). So, this option erases EVERYTHING.



I've never used any other option.



Good Luck

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét