Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 4, 2011

DELL XPS M1530

I've had my laptop for three years. I started getting the dreaded black screen, repair your computer or start windows normally. It never did "repair" itself and then one morning I couldn't get it to start period.

My question, can I take the hard-drive out and see if I can get any info off of it by hooking up as an external drive? I'm not under warranty!

Also is it possible to replace the hard drive? or is this just a waste of my money?


I need to purchase a new laptop, however with the track record Dell is having w/ problems who/what do you really suggest?

Waiting in Oregon....

Reply 1 : DELL XPS M1530

Yes, to both questions. Take out the old drive and put it into an external USB enclosure for SATA laptop drives, and in all likelihood you'll be able to recover the data.
And obviously, you can buy any standard SATA laptop drive to replace it. Then you'll need to reinstall the operating system, instructions here. If you did not receive an OS disc with your system, you can order replacement discs from this page.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét